1 (edited by S?derlund 2010-10-09 09:48:43)

Topic: Change Audiocard Keep AD/DA converters?

Hi!

I have two AD/DA converters named "Nuendo", I believe its ADI-8??They have 24bit 48kHz max. However, I use them with a 9652 Hammerfall-card. All bought round year 2001.My question is.. Can I upgrade just the Hammerfallcard to something newer (better) but keep the two ADI-8, or must I upgrade the whole system to make any benefit? I need the Analog in/out because I am a Analog guy...:-) (guitarist,drummer). Is there any other solution, please tell, it is all about the money, I can`t afford to pay for a similar but newer setup thats why I wonder if just changing the Audiocard will give me a better sound??

Sincerely Micke S?derlund/Sweden.

Re: Change Audiocard Keep AD/DA converters?

Just changing to another audio card with ADAT I/O won't improve your sound quality. If at all, another converter will do so, but the one you have is pretty good already. So save some money for that new guitar you've been dreaming of... cool

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Agreed 100%.  The Nuendo (ADI-8) is a fantastic converter - and the 9652 is also a good card with awesome drivers.  Unless you find yourself itching for Totalmix's awesome routing/matrixing in the HDSP cards, I'd stick with your current setup w/o question.  You'd have to spend upwards of $3000-$4000 or more on new gear to better your performance at 44/48K.  Granted you won't have 88/96K support - but that is highly over-rated IMNSHO wink

The one possible drawback is I don't believe the "Digi9652" has W7 support - but I might be wrong.  I thought I recalled it working in a W7 32Bit system, but not a W7 64Bit system.  Aside from that - it is a killer setup without a doubt :-)  You could track down a used HDSP9652 or PCI Digiface if you ever needed W7 64Bit support, and get Totalmix as a bonus!  I personally adore the Digiface and Multiface setups - eBay geneally has them  used around $500 with a PCI card!

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Ok! Then I know,

Many thank`s ! I really do appreciate your fast answers!!

Best regards Micke s?derlund.