1 (edited by joey 2010-10-08 17:27:05)

Topic: Adding more ins/daisy chaining

Hi guys, first post here. 

So I've got an FF800 and I would really like to add a second firewire interface to get more inputs.

I was looking at the FF400, because then I could make it the master and use its volume knob (getting rid of the need for a presonus central station - which probably screws up my signal path somehow).

So my question is, what is the best way to go about doing this?

would linking them through firewire worK? i have a macbook pro with a FW800 port currently running snow leopard.

or how about something like ADAT?

Ideally I want to A. get rid of the central station, and B. use the 400 (or another interface as the master)

So again, what is the best way to do this?

thanks in advance guys!

Re: Adding more ins/daisy chaining

Why not just keep the central station (or replace it with any monitor controller you'd prefer, take a look at the most simple + passive thing called 'nano patch') and add an ADAT device like an Octamic or ADI8?
Adding a FF400 for some more inputs and as a volume controller while leaving 16 possible inputs of the FF800 unused sounds a little overboard to me...

well I hear that the central station colors your tone in a bad way and limits stereo space, and if this is the case, I'd rather get rid of it, that way my signal path is straight fireface to monitors.

Take a look at the SM Pro Audio Nano Patch, it's a passive device.