Topic: NI Maschine: FF800 output into Maschine?

no matter what I do I cannot seem to play something on my Mac Pro and get it to input to NI Maschine 1.5 so I can record a sample.  I have had my FF800 for 6 years and I thought I understood the Matrix, but this is beyond me. even with everything ON, input doesn't get into Machine. I have tried the Maschine input set to 0 & 1 or any other input combination.

my setup is:

FF800 2.62a
Mac Pro
OSX 10.6.4

any help would be appreciated...

New Mac Pro, 16 GB RAM, Antelope Orion32, ProTools 11, UAD Octo, Tonelux OTB 16, and lots of toys...

Re: NI Maschine: FF800 output into Maschine?

nobody running Maschine and a FF800?

New Mac Pro, 16 GB RAM, Antelope Orion32, ProTools 11, UAD Octo, Tonelux OTB 16, and lots of toys...

3 (edited by radiospace 2010-10-12 14:01:16)

The problem is that the Maschine software incorrectly numbers the Fireface 800 inputs.  It shows Input 1 on the FF800 as "In 0" and Input 2 as "In 1" and so on.  So if you are using say Input 7 on the FF800, you have to choose "In 6" in the Maschine audio settings in order to successfully bring in that signal.  (Yes, I found this out the hard way.)

I've already contacted NI support about this and they made it sound like they're aware of the problem and working on it.

--------------------
Fireface 800 2.62a / Mac Pro 2x2.8 quad 6 GB RAM / OSX 10.5.8

radiospace - thanks for responding...

I got that issue. however, is there a way to route the output of something in my computer that plays back in the FF, say Bias Peak, into Maschine? someone on the NI board suggested running a cable from teh output back to teh l/r input. that just seems ridiculous to me...

See FF800 manual pg 79 - Recording a Subgroup (Loopback)

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fface800_e.pdf

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

See FF800 manual pg 79 - Recording a Subgroup (Loopback)

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fface800_e.pdf

thanks for responding. that's great.. I will check it out. my manual doesn't have a pp 79!

Just download the latest version from our website.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I d/l it. it's great & I will spend some time with it soon. that said, I read the referred section. I'm not at all sure that loopback mode is what I am looking for. I want to record from Bias Peak to Maschine. I have Peak setup to output on channels 1 & 2 and Maschine set up to record on inputs 1 & 2 (tho they call it 0 & 1). I believe that I have Totalmix setup so that output 1 & 2 go to input 1 & 2. however this is not correct. can you tell me what is wrong?

ah HA... I get it now. control+click in the OUTPUT row on AN1 or AN2 to select that stereo pair. THEN click on both the AN1 and AN2 buttons to "record enable" them. this will route the audio from input 1 & 2 (Peak) to output 1 & 2 Maschine.  this works now.

1) thanks for pointing me in this direction, tho you could have just told me what to do and I would have saved an hour... now that would really be customer service! [wry grin]

2) like many other parts of the old and new versions of the FF800 manual it feels as if it was written by the person who designed the software and knows it inside and out, NOT by someone who thinks like  USER! FWIW there is a way to write manuals so that they truly explain complex features in a way that makes the product actually accessible to a user. FYI I am a software developer who funded and owned a well known and successful MIDI music software company for 12 years. I know what I'm talking about

regardless, thanks for the help and I love the product.

10 (edited by Dj Co2 2011-07-03 13:21:53)

Thanks for the help guys.. I was having a similar problem and its fixed now

Best Laptops 2010