1 (edited by Airmann 2010-10-09 23:41:05)

Topic: FF 400 : odd Firmware / Driver mismatch

Hi there,

Firmware: 1.70
Driver: 3.020

Problem:

lately there sometimes pops up a dialog which states that the ff driver was incompatible (firmware mismatch) to the currently installed Firmware.
It also states that I need to upgrade to v2.77. But oddly enough: 2.77 is just for FF800 !!

The pop up happens mostly in the follwing scenario:

1. I switch on Fireface and open the DAW (Renoise)
2. Whenever I have a break for some hours I switch off Fireface to save energy.
3. When I come back I switch it on and click on the DAW "reintialize audio driver" button, to activeat ASIO Fireface again.
4. And Woops: sometimes the dialog is opened
5. And Mega-whoops: sometimes I get even a nasty BSOD which means: data lost

What might be the problem, here ?

Re: FF 400 : odd Firmware / Driver mismatch

bump, please ?

I see three ways how this can happen: corrupted FireWire transmission (check for errors in the Settings dialog and check for DPC Latency), corrupted user action (switching off an audio interface while the DAW software is running - now that is beyond me), or a corrupted device (means defective FF 400).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

I see three ways how this can happen: corrupted FireWire transmission (check for errors in the Settings dialog and check for DPC Latency), corrupted user action (switching off an audio interface while the DAW software is running - now that is beyond me), or a corrupted device (means defective FF 400).

Oki, so far the FF400 works as expected, can't see any errors in the settings dialog.
But the corrupted user action/transmission sounds interesting. As I've written: happened only when switching off while DAW was running.

Nonetheless: why is a FF800 Firmware mentioned in the dialog ?