Topic: Total Mix Control via Behringer BCR2000

A Fireface 800 has been the center of my studio for a long time. I utilize all 28 input channels regularly while recording. Total Mix really changed the way I worked. I use a BCR2000 to control my input channels at all times for various monitor/headphone mixes. Since it is only possible to have one "group", I use this for all of the drum kit mics so I can turn the drums up/down with one knob. However there are multiple other stereo inputs like Keyboards and FX boxes and it is a pain to have to adjust both the left AND right faders every time I need to adjust a cue mix. I know TM FX addresses all of these issues, but from what I understand linking stereo channels will most likely not ever be an option for FF800's TM. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As a work around, I was thinking I could program the BCR2000 to send 2 different MIDI messages from 1 knob so I could achieve the same result of controlling stereo inputs with a single knob, but I have not figured out how to do this yet or if it's even possible with the BCR2000...

Could someone please confirm if this is or isn't possible, and if so how did you do it?

Thanks!

Re: Total Mix Control via Behringer BCR2000

Linking stereo channels is part of the old TotalMix. And works with MIDI remote too.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Well yes, but it's only global right? For example if I have a stereo source on 1&2 but a mono source on 3 and a different mono source on 4, then I can't turn 3 up without turning up 4 along with it even though they are separate signals and need there levels set independently.

Please let me know if I've been missing something.

So why is it necessary to pull up two threads about the same thing?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I didn't notice the one you are referring to until this morning and this thread was specifically about the possibility of working around that known limitation via MIDI controller messages.