Topic: TotalMix FX for Babyface does it come also with Dynamics ??

hi there,

I've ordered the babyface and waiting for it a long time. Now I've seen there is a new release out the fireface UFX
which seems to be amazing!

I've noticed that it has also Dynamics like Compression, Limiter etc. Are these effects only for UFX or also for the Babyface ???
It would be great if the babyface also comes with dynamics!!!

by the way anywhere I've read the DA converter from Babyface are the same one like the M Series .. is that true ??
How can we compare the Quality of Mic-Preamps from Babyface?? Are they comparable with Fireface or Mictasy like the new UFX ???

Thanx a lot
regards,

tschawo

Re: TotalMix FX for Babyface does it come also with Dynamics ??

I've noticed that it has also Dynamics like Compression, Limiter etc. Are these effects only for UFX or also for the Babyface ???

The Babyface comes with EQ and Reverb/Echo. No Dynamics. This would need a strong DSP, which is not built-in the Babyface.

by the way anywhere I've read the DA converter from Babyface are the same one like the M Series .. is that true ??

The DA converters are the same as in the M-Series and the UFX.

Both questions were answered here before in the forum, so a search will probably lead to more results.

best regards
Knut

Re: TotalMix FX for Babyface does it come also with Dynamics ??

The DA converters are the same as in the M-Series and the UFX.

So it's the PCM4104 for DA conversion, right?

How do you explain the difference in the dynamic range (DR) of 115 dB(A) for the Babyface compared to 118 dB(A) for the UFX? As far as I understand is the Advanced Parallel Conversion technology implemented in the AD path only?!