Topic: Quick routing question

I have this dream.  This dream of PT without crummy converters and preamps.  I think I've found my solution.

Either a:
RME Fireface 400
RME Fireface 800
RME Fireface UC

I want to use this M Audio Lightbridge piece with it

That would enable me to use quality RME converters and preamps with PT M Powered, which leads me to my question.

Is it possible to route the inputs of the Fireface to the ADAT at 88 24 using its routing software?  I want to use as many inputs as possible and send em via light pipe to this M Audio piece so I can run PT + all my other DAW Software.  I read this in the product description of the UC

"Integrated DSP mixer . All inputs and outputs can be freely mixed, routed, and distributed with RME?s TotalMix software. Up to 9 totally independent stereo submixes can be set up."

Does anyone on these forums have experience with internal routing to ADAT?  Thanks guys!

Re: Quick routing question

Do a forum search for 'Lightbridge'. And it works.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes this is possible. Either in stand-alone mode where a configuration is saved in the unit or connected to the host computer, where all routings can be made on-the-fly.
The Firefaces use an internal memory to permanently store all configuration data and can be controlled by a Mackie Control compatible remote. In the new Fireface UFX all features can also be controlled directly on the unit in stand alone mode (see the tutorial video on the RME Youtube channel). See the manuals (Stand Alone Operation) for all details.

best regards
Knut

You guys are awesome.  I am not going to ask the stupid "converter" question.  I am however going to ask an equally stupid one. 
Is the RME going to be my clock source?  Will I need to sync to the lightbridge since it is a device in my signal path?  Or does the lightbridge act like a... well, bridge?  Simply allowing the digital stream through to my computer?  Clocks are meant to sync multiple devices and make sure they are in time together, so I'm guessing I won't need to since its just passing digital signal through, and not really processing anything.  oui?

Do a forum search for 'Lightbridge'. All covered before.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME