Topic: Fireface UFX as a standalone mixer

Hi. I'm trying to use UFX as as a standalone small (four channel) mixer. Everything seems to be easy: gains, sends, mute, pan are under control...but I can't find the way to control Volume of each channel separately in sandalone mode. Using TotalMix it is very simple because there are faders on 9-11 channels, but how to do it in standalone mode?

Re: Fireface UFX as a standalone mixer

You click the Channel button and go to the output channel (e. g. Analog Out 1/2). Volume (Out) is the first setting in the list. For mixes to this bus you switch to Mix Analog/ADAT/AES In and set the volume for every input channel. This is a little bit tricky because of the many inputs to every output (=submix), but it?s possible. Or you mix in TotaMix and store up to six mix setups in the UFX. You can recall them later in stand-alone mode.

best regards
Knut

Looks like Spiker is the first poster here with an UFX - congratulations!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, You are right :-) but I would be much more happy if this UFX was mine. Meanwhile I'm only testing this unit for Polish magazine "Estrada i Studio". Nevertheless UFX is great !
Admin Knut, thanks for Your advise. Now I know I couldn't find a way: channels volume controls are unavailable (LCD grey marked) untill UFX is connected to the computer. Everything works well, now.
Best regards :-)

EMail sent.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,

Don't know if this has been answered.
Reading the manual it appears the "monitor" output is 2-channel only, not selectable to six outputs for 5.1.  Is that correct?
If not, a great feature to add.
Thanks
Hugh

You just set up your 5/6/7/8 channels as fader group, where the Main Out is channel 1/2 of that group.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You just set up your 5/6/7/8 channels as fader group, where the Main Out is channel 1/2 of that group.

so, if i would put the adat outputs into that group as well (and the phones) i could adjust the volumes of all the outputs using the big knob (volume control knob) at the front of the device, right?

smile

Correct.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

10 (edited by salatmensch 2010-10-24 22:04:18)

MC wrote:

Correct.

cooool
no need for a bcf to just set the listening volume.... one device less to carry...

big_smile

To get back to the first post - there is no bug, but a misunderstanding. So everything works as expected.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,
Thanks MC, that works.  Does that fader group hold through power cycles and through grouping other faders?
Hugh

If it's one of the 4 storable ones...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME