Topic: Baby face users - question please

Hi,

I'm interested in this audio interface system & FX but wanted to know a few questions...

Firstly, can the optical be used separately, eg ADAT on inputs and TOSLINK on outputs?

Regarding EQ, is it available on all channels at the same time ie in's and out's?

Also, can syncing be done on the incoming port, eg adat and still use all available I/O's?

TIA

Re: Baby face users - question please

Firstly, can the optical be used separately, eg ADAT on inputs and TOSLINK on outputs?

No. ADAT OR SPDIF optical.

Regarding EQ, is it available on all channels at the same time ie in's and out's?

Yes.

Also, can syncing be done on the incoming port, eg adat and still use all available I/O's?

Yes, when the channels comes from the same device as the sync signal.

best regards
Knut

Admin Knut wrote:

No. ADAT OR SPDIF optical.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Is that a "programmed limitation" or is it a technical impossibility?

As I understand RME never saw USB as a good system but now have decided to dominate the pro-sumer market so I'm glad for a pro-style choice, however why no differentiation between the digital standards?

Regards

You can use SPDIF on input and ADAT on output and vice versa (Knut misunderstood your question).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by metcalfe 2010-10-25 09:52:40)

Hi Matthias,

Sounds awesome!

Oh and I wanted to use ADAT for input's and s/pdif for output, since I have a BMC-2 and it is "bit transparent" at 3 o'clock, since I have an analog desk that is fed by old-generation hardware (echo 3G's) in cubase and am hoping to run Wavelab exclusively on the BF because of the parametric eq's, so is any of this possible, eg I can mix the analog in's with the ADAT in's and mix all to stereo spdif, while having "backup" analog and headphones?

Also, it seems that there is no detail on how the i/o's work @ 96 Khz, is there any reference here besides the manual?

Thanks again

Usage - Yes.

96 kHz - What detail is needed there?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by metcalfe 2010-10-25 10:14:18)

MC wrote:

96 kHz - What detail is needed there?

eg will the ADAT do s/mux and s/pdif 96khz at the same time, and what happens if it's all running @ 192?

If it can be that the analog is plugged in and mixed with either 8x or 4x adat @ 44.1/48 & 96Khz respectively, all down to stereo in totalmix (or multi-out) with e.q. on every channel, then i will be rather enamored I feel.

P.S. My BMC-2 can do ADAT anyway, but S/PDIF is a good option. Also, I don't understand what "AS" is in the manual regarding channel count.

Thanks again

Of course. Of course. Same same.

AS is ADAT and SPDIF, they use the same two channels.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME