1 (edited by glambrec 2010-10-29 10:39:24)

Topic: windows 7 driver not working for fireface800

I installed the new 3.028 driver on my new windows 7 laptop. When I click the fireface icon to start the fireface.exe nothing happens. I can open de mixer but the software outputs aren't shown. When I start cubase the sample frequency constantly changes and the interface doen't work. I tryed installing the older 2.99 driver for windows XP. Everything worked but I got a blue screen twice yesterday?
What's going wrong?

Re: windows 7 driver not working for fireface800

You forgot the firmware update?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I already performed firmware update 2.77 with my previous computer. Although this firmware was shown in the control panel I repeated the firmware update succesfully. But the problem stays the same.

Grtz, Geert

What FireWire chip is in that laptop?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by glambrec 2010-10-29 20:36:14)

I don't know if it says something about the chip on board but the driver's name is "Ricoh 1394 OHCI Compliant host controler". I tried using the other two 1394 drivers suggested by windows but problem remains. I ran the microsoft hotfix KB981613 succesfully, problem remains. What is the problem: Windows 7, the 1394 FW driver or the FF800 driver? I'm stuck.
Regards,
Geert

I have a laptop with Ricoh and W7 32 myself and no problems. It is already strange that you can not start the Settings dialog. Did you check the FF in the device manager?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Is the HOST LED on or off? HOw did you install the driver? Does the mixer show incoming levels at the analog inputs (-100 something...)?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

just a moment ago, my setup worked normaly. I even got cubase to record some things through the FF800, and I could acces control panel. But when I restarted my computer, at first the red host light stays dark, but when I start a recording application and try to access the FF800 the host light, lights up red. In cubase I get constant notices that sample range has changed. I now need to restart the computer every time to get the red host light to turn off.

And for some reason now the red host light stays lit on restarting.
For your information. My laptop is a brand new Vaio VPCF 13Z1E with usb 3.0 on board. I tried swtiching off all USB devieces in the hardware control panel, but that does not help.

pretty enoying

How old is that Fireface 800? Maybe this is a problem of the device and has nothing to do with your laptop...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I bought the FF800 new about 8 months ago and it works fine on my older computers that run windows XP.

What I mean is - maybe it just broke down completely and will no longer work on the other computer as well...a quick re-check would clear that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME