Topic: MADIface by USB 2.0?

I?m wondering if it?s possible to use some kind of USB-Expresscard adapter to connect the MADIface to a computer that doesn?t have any Expresscard slot? Or would cause issues to the functionality?
/Daniel

Re: MADIface by USB 2.0?

I'm not sure that udb bandwith would be enough to drive 64 audio channels with 24bits/48khz !

So I would say... not possible

absolutely not ... USB is not enough fast.

The best solution would come with a new Madiface LAN ! The gigabit lan port  is perfect for transmit 64 channel 24/48Khz and more ! Like the Ethersound system or Dante system ...

I am not aware of any adapter that converts USB into real PCI Express. The adapters that I know only convert the USB plug into an ExpressCard (USB) plug. USB is part of the ExpressCard connector, but of course not used by real ExpressCard solutions like our cards.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,

Madi is approximately 100Mb/sec +/- unidirectional.  Therefore a highly optimized usb 2 >Madi implementation could work, but it's on the edge with bi-directional and overhead.  Doubt anyone would try which is unfortunate because many laptops don't have Expresscard anymore.  I have the Madiface on a MBP and it's a great product.
Hugh