Topic: Can't install FF400 Drivers - Lost Installation Disk

Hi, I have a FF400 that recently had some issues and has just come back from Synthax repaired (mainboard was replaced). I use it on two computers:

1. On the first computer (XP Professional), I had uninstalled the drivers when the FF400 was giving me problems. I've tried installing the updated drivers from the RME Downloads area, but am getting an error message that the firefacemixer.exe file cannot be copied, and that I must insert the RME Installation Disk. The driver installation, therefore, will not work.

2. On the second computer (XP), I did not uninstall the drivers, and the FF400 is working (though the green WC light doesn't light up anymore... but it seems to be working otherwise). I attempted to update the existing drivers on this computer, and got the same error message as above.

It seems the drivers on these computers are corrupted (I one point in my troubleshooting I got an error message saying that), and I seem to need the installation disk to start fresh and get the FF400 working properly on these computers. But I can't find my installation disk. Any advice on how I can start fresh without an installation disk??

Thanks,
-Dan

Re: Can't install FF400 Drivers - Lost Installation Disk

You don't need the disc, but you are making a mistake during the installation. Please follow the guide here:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=732

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks, I'll try that. I was actually about to make a correction to my above post - what it's looking for on the first computer is the fireface.sys file, which I don't see in the folder (just fireface_64.sys).... ok, I'll look at the instructions (though I've never had an issue updating drivers for the FF400 before)...

Use the "Have Disk" button as directed and it will find all the files correctly.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Yeah, those instructions are what I've been doing. I realized that the firefacemix file was missing from the original folder from which I was extracting the files. I must have somehow deleted it. Seems to be working now, thanks for your help! Not sure why the green WC LED isn't lighting up, though, especially having just come from being repaired. I'll see how it goes.

Thanks again,
-Dan

Do you have something connected (and turned on) to the Word Clock input of the unit?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I thought that having the FireWire hooked up to the computer and "Word Clock" selected under "Pref. Sync Ref" in the RME Fireface Settings would cause the green WC light to come on. It's been a few months since I've used the unit, but I seem to recall that one of the green lights would come on when it was communicating with the computer. Am I mistaken?

Just the analog level LEDs. The others are for digital input sync.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi there i just recently bought a fireface 800 secound hand,wasnt able to get a brand new one due to my budget at the moment..the seller didnt send me the cd with the unit....ive downloaded the updates and file from the RME website,but i need an SET UP File.so i can install the firefiace..im on pc windows 7 64 bitt.where can i download this???

Kind Regards George....

There is no installer per se, just use the Device Manager driver update method described here: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.