Topic: Pro Tools 9 compatibility

Now as impossible has come possible, is Fireface compatible with Pro Tools 9?

sonarmods.com

Re: Pro Tools 9 compatibility

There is no specific "compatibility" that I know of - PT9 seems to support ASIO as well as Core Audio, so this should work by all means...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I just wanted to be sure before making an order...
Could you report how it works when you've tried it?

sonarmods.com

Can anyone comment on the behaviour of Totalmix on the Fireface 800 with this new version of Pro Tools? Meaning, does Pro Tools conflict with the near-zero latency monitoring? I'd like to continue to monitor my inputs via Totalmix but I'm not sure if you can turn off the monitoring in Pro Tools without muting the track, in this version -- basically, avoiding the audibly doubled monitoring. Also, how low can you set the buffer, 64 or 32? Was thinking about purchasing today. Thanks for any answer.

5 (edited by fishbone 2010-11-06 04:32:04)

Hi guys,

Just installed PT 9 using a MacOS X aggregated device with FF800 as clock in conjunction with a TC 24D and Euphonix MC MIX(and even a FaderPort as transport)... and it all worked BEAUTIFULLY, NOT EVEN A GLITCH!

Got it working with 128 buffer with a very large and heavy session in a aluminum core 2 duo iMac, 2,4/4Gig RAM and it used about 45% of CPU power(with basic settings). And yes, it is possible to monitor with total mix, which works as it should with any core audio compatible DAW.

PT 9 even sees and maps all in/outs of FF800 and 24D and eucon protocol implementation is great!

In fact, I'm impressed that this was the first time I had NONE problems with a PT upgrade. Kudos to Avid and lucky we that can now use our beloved RMEs with a decent version of PT :-D

Hope this help

see ya

Hey, fishbone. Just one more question. Are you able to turn off input monitoring in Pro Tools and just use Totalmix or did you have to mute the record armed track in Pro Tools? That's the only bit I'm still on about. Your post did help, a lot. Thanks.

7 (edited by fishbone 2010-11-06 19:50:58)

Treefingers wrote:

Hey, fishbone. Just one more question. Are you able to turn off input monitoring in Pro Tools and just use Totalmix or did you have to mute the record armed track in Pro Tools? That's the only bit I'm still on about. Your post did help, a lot. Thanks.

Seems like PT9 have only 2 input monitor options: "auto" and "input only", so you have to mute your record enable track to monitor with TotalMix.

See ya

8 (edited by Treefingers 2010-11-06 20:27:53)

That's what I thought. Thanks.

works very stable here with FF400 ! Except the "input monitoring thing" - but that is a PT9 fault.