Topic: short audio dropout in ableton

Hello from hanoi/vietnam

and I am just so new here. I have use fireface 400 from 2007 after try out several sound card and it has been a good sound card until recently when I update my old macbook pro to macbook pro core i7.

my setup
macbook pro core i7 connect to fireface
external HDD (la cie rug 500) connect to another firewire port in fireface)

audio/file is from external HDD during shows.

my BIG issue is:
During the show when I playing live, audio just stop for some second and then back on, this give me a big issue.........

please suggest solution?

I have update all the latest drivers

thank a millions in advance.

Best regards
Tri Minh

Re: short audio dropout in ableton

my configuration:

macbook pro core i7
ableton live
fireface 400
la cie rug 500

snow leopard
latest driver from RME

suggestion for solution?

best regards
Tri Minh

i had the same effekt with a hp pc. seems to be a ableton prob.. do you use the latest version?

latest version of ableton:
8.2.1 is the latest I think...

i always trust ableton...it is so solid, how can it be? there is still signal inside ableton, only now audio output in fireface? this is serious for me...during the show, 10 second of total silent...not cool.

yes, i had exactly the same. it was gone when i changed the graphic driver to standart vga. i have nvidia graphic gt130m.
this graphic card makes very high latenzy peaks. on a pc with win7 i can change the driver to "standart vga" then this horror effekt is gone. how funny that there is the same effekt on this perfektly working audio machines from mac.

I still have the same problems....very annoyed, pls anybody suggest for sollution? red host light up even though I have a proper connection even with power plug on...what should i do to solve this problem?

many thanks in advance...

If the HOST LED lights up, the FW connection is interrupted. Please test this without the FW disk drive.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

my connection: macbook pro connecto hdd, then from hdd to 400...is this not ok?

It is ok normally, but maybe this particular drive is causing FW bus resets.
Please test direct connection of the FF.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

i do not have this 400-800 cable...lost it somewhere recently...the firewire is lacie rugged

same problem here

using firewire reapeter with ff400 causes ableton to periodic audio dropout

i have a 400-800 firewire cable. which connect to fireface 400. seems it stable with the latest driver. somehow, when I have audio input and it overload (relight) the audio output from fireface stop. causing me lots of issue when playing live....

any suggestion?

best regards from Hanoi