Topic: HDSPe Multiface II. Clock goes through data cable?

This might be imaginary but when I moved the cable between my HDSPe card and Multiface II away from all power cables, I thought that I could hear difference is audio quality. Before, the cable was lying parallel to a couple of power cables. Does any clock signals travel through the data/firewire cable which might pick up EMI intereference when lying close to power cables? Regards

Re: HDSPe Multiface II. Clock goes through data cable?

Probably in your mind.  Put the HDSP cable back next to the AC cables and see if the sound worsens wink  Have a friend swap it when you can't see and find out if you can still notice the difference (blind test). 

AFAIK - The crystal is in the MF Box (IIRC), and any external clocking would also happen in the MF Box.  Audiophiles "hear" much more than us mere mortals and our common sense (reality based) approach to audio :-P  You can hear anything you want to as long as you really believe you are hearing it ;-)  Mind over matter (vibrating air is matter)...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Randyman: Thank you for helping out. I do hope though that someone (RME?) who are certain about the clock will reply so that I will know for sure. Regards

Your ears will be the best judge.  I know for sure that the internal crystal is in the Multiface Box as is the PLL circuit.

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8