Topic: Problem with FF400 1.70 and Driver 2.85 (Mac OSX)

Hello,
I?m new to this forum. My name is Daniel, I write from Braunschweig/Germany.

I use my FF400 on my iMac 27 i5 2,66 since March 2010. Some days ago i got the actual driver 2.85 and isntalled them. But the install seems to be not right, because the Fireface Settings window shows the version from my old driver.
After this, I deleted the old driver manually and installed the 2.85 driver again. Now, I have no Fireface Mixer and Fireface Setting in my Applications folder and the Fireface "Host" LED lights red.

Is there any known issue with this installer? I use Mac OSX 10.6.4. Installing the old version 2.75 works without problems.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Problem with FF400 1.70 and Driver 2.85 (Mac OSX)

I tried again, and removed all files of the old driver manually, as written here: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9233

After installing the package with the driver v2.85 to disk Macintosh HD i checked all places, where files should be, and they aren?t.
The installer finished with telling that installation was succesful and i had to reboot (I did).

So please can you tell, what the problem is?

While I have no explanation for the specific problems mentioned here I can tell you that there is a problem with the MIDI plug-in, so a new driver will come today or tomorrow. Maybe that one will work for you too.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you very much.

So while I can?t install 2.86 and 2.87 on my iMac, the installation of the new drivers on my MacBook Pro was no problem. I think, there must be an issue with my OS on my iMac. Maybe it?s because of the new install script, for luck I can work with the 2.75 drivers, which install properly.