Topic: Is my HDSP PCI card broken?

I have a HDSP PCI card that I've had for many years. It's hardware revision v1.4. I originally had the multiface I when I purchased it, but I had upgraded to Multiface II about a year ago.

I am aware that the power requirements of the Multiface II is greater and that with my older revision PCI card, I would need to power it with an external adapter and so I purchased one.

I had recently moved in to a new home in July and reconnected all my equipment, but I had forgotten that the M II required a power supply. I have been using the M II for months now with no problems until yesterday when I found that the host light was flashing.

After about an hour of troubleshooting, I realized I did not have a power supply connected. I cannot currently find the PS, as I still have boxes to unpack, but I connected my Multiface I , which does not require external power, and it cannot be recognized by card.  It has a solid Host light. Warm boot, cold boots, nothing can get this to work.

The OS can see that card just fine, but I can't get the multiface to connect.

I fear that I may have overloaded the PCI card b/c of the power draw to the Multiface II. Any suggestions for more troubleshooting or things I can check? Or does it appear this card is fried now?

Re: Is my HDSP PCI card broken?

I dug through my boxes and found the power supply for the Multiface II. I'm getting a solid red Host light on both the multiface and multiface II. The PC can read the PCI card fine, I can run the flash update tool, it recognizes it as Rev 17, the most current for cards less than hardware revision 1.8.

I've tried other firewire cables.

The card shows I/O box state as Error for multifaces.

It's not looking good for my PCI card...