Topic: TotalMix problem: no display

Hi,

After deciding to upgrade Leopard to SL on my macbook pro, I ran the flash update tool for my FF800 and the latest driver.
After launching the Totalmix application, the icon appears in the dock as does the title "RME TotalMix FX" in the menu bar at the top of my screen but nothing else is displayed.
When I select new Totalmix window under the menu "file" and then either Mixer view or Matrix view/OK it crashes instantly with a crash log.
Any Idea? Anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks in advance

Re: TotalMix problem: no display

I am experiencing the same exact issue with TM since updating to the new firmware and the new driver.
I am on a 15in MacBookPro4,1

Thanks

Hi MC,

First of all thank you for taking in consideration this problem.
I downloaded and installed this beta version that you provided in the link but no improvement unfortunately.
Concerning the display, still nothing appears on the screen, and now the the dialog box when hiting "file/new totalmix window" does not display anything at all anymore either.
My tech specs: Macbook Pro 4.1 early 2008 17" 2.6 Ghz 4Gb Ram TI firewire chipset .

Best regards

fuzzyhead, it does not crash, correct? Nothing displays on the screen? Seems not correct statement as you get the menu - so just no TM window. Start the program a second time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Correct, it does not crash and does not display anything on the screen, even after relaunching 2nd time the app.
From the menu, the only item that dares to display is preferences (cmd+,)

fuzzyhead, some confusion going on here. First: I overlooked that you have a FF 800. Second: you overlooked that TotalMix FX is not for you. It's for the Fireface UFX. When you install 2.87 the old TotalMix called Fireface Mixer is launched automatically and can be started from the icon in the dock. Trying to start the TM FX from the applications folder will NOT work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK! So I guess it's fine to trash the application then, since it was in the installer pack of the driver update, I thought that this was a new feature concerning Fireface series as well !
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
All the best