Topic: FireFace UFX ...... minimum Sample Buffer SIze in USB mode ?

Hi

When running the UFX via its USB 2 connection on a PC, what is the minimum selectable Buffer Sample size  -  48 Samples or 32 Samples  ?

Thanks,
Ben

Re: FireFace UFX ...... minimum Sample Buffer SIze in USB mode ?

48 samples.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I recently got my hand on UFX and I have to say that its very impressive.
While testing the UFX I was wondering where and how can I raise the buffer up to 8192.
I found that I can have 1024 samples of buffer with the firewire driver and 2048 samples of buffer with the USB driver.

Is the 8192 samples of buffer a future feature or have I missed something while being over excited testing the UFX and TM FX?

Cheers,
J-J

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

Try double and quad speed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, there it was, thank you.

I've choked my Cubase project by using tons of plugins realtime.
I was looking for a way to ease my computers job in the mixing process, higher amount of buffer seems to help.
Since I've been recording this album with FF UC @ 2048 samples of buffer and 44,1kHz the double or quad speed modes don't give me the benefit of higher buffer max since the playback pitch doubles as well.
There is tons of material on that longplay project and tight time schedule, therefore I cannot convert the audio data to a higher sample rate.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

Changing the project to DS or QS makes no sense, it would even give higher CPU loads. I just pointed out where the higher buffer sizes are. Higher ones for single speed would not change anything, the whole underlying mechanism still would choke.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME