Topic: changed OS system from xp sp3 to win7/32bit pro....FF800 audiodropouts

Hi,
i changed my OS from XP  (no problems,rock solid with FF800) to Win 7/32 bit pro (fresh install,no OS update)
All drivers latest revision.
Motherboard is Gigabyte ep45-ds3,Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 graphix....4 GB Ram
FF800 now unusable for audio...currently on Cubase 5.5/Nuendo 5...Problem occurs also with itunes or any other audio playback device...
I already searched the forum and i am running DPC latency checker at the moment,showing heavy spikes all the time...
I switched off Lan adapters already,i also deactivated onboard soundcard....it was getting a little better but still totally unusable
for Pro Audio or even mp3 playback on iTunes...
changed to another Firewire card also,no improvement.
I switched off ANY device in the device manager i dont need for DAW use,also hard-unplugged any unnecessary devices like webcam etc....still unusable....
Set FF latency to 1024 samples and bandwith to "analog" only...also little improvements here BUT still dropouts....need at least 24 Channels Inputs,no-go anyway for me with 8 channels here...

Running out of ideas,Studio Clients showing up soon....

Anything further i can check?
Running an Win 7 Pro/32bit with an RME Madi Card on a Quadcore i5 in my other Studio with no problems since 3 months now...

any help appreciated,
thanx,
Nik

Re: changed OS system from xp sp3 to win7/32bit pro....FF800 audiodropouts

The only change to the system was the move from XP to W7? Is the old system still available?
As long as there are DPC issues, you will need to find out what is causing them..

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

unfortunately i have to tell you that most probably the fireface driver itself is" behaving bad"...
i switched to a motu 828 mk2 for test reasons and it is playing without glitches....DPC is still showing some spikes ,but none of them audible....
running test recordings on multiple IP channels at the moment.
the old XP is not available,but their still exists a folder called "windows old"....i m gonna delete it to check if it makes a difference..
i ll let you know if i find out anything new...
i will also take the fireface 800 to my other studio to check it with the newer core i5 PC i got their...see if it makes any difference..

Hi,

try this Legacy firewire driver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4JfbDW6AtI

regards S-EH

thanx...i check this out....removing the "windows.old" folder wasn?t a good idea,almost all apps broken...
doing a fresh install on a formatted HD ....installing win 7 on XP even if you choose "fresh install" and not "OS update" might not have been a good idea...trying the legacy driver after this...
I let you know,what i find out,seems a couple of systems suffer from this...

regards,
Nik

fresh Win 7 install on pre-formatted HD solved the Problem!
Do not install win 7 from a running XP,even if you got the option of a new install instead of OS update...
...messes up the system/drivers..!

thanx,

Nik