Topic: Fireface 400 with Windows XP gets locked to 0Hz or 2Hz sample rate!

hi,

firstly, i apologise for not having the full system specifications right now (i will post them tomorrow after i get back to the lab).

we are experiencing a problem with a Fireface 400 (firmware 1.70, driver 3.031) and a Windows XP machine. audio is mostly generated by MATLAB with the Playrec toolbox.

the FF400 will work okay for a couple of days, but then the sample rate will suddenly be grayed out and will lock to 2Hz or 0Hz in the preferences window. if we attempt to change the sample rate, or reload the settings from the FF400 flash memory, the sample rate jumps straight back to 0Hz or 2Hz. rebooting the FF400 or the computer does not help. audio will play, but it stutters and crackles badly.

when the problem occurs, we can immediately plug the FF400 straight into a MacBook Pro, and it works normally.

the only solution we have found is to uninstall and reinstall the driver on the Windows machine.

any ideas?

Re: Fireface 400 with Windows XP gets locked to 0Hz or 2Hz sample rate!

preferences window = FF 400 Settings dialog? Can you please provide a screenshot when this happens?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

What is your Clock Source?
You may get weird Sample Rates if external ADAT Clock Source devices is not powered on.

sonarmods.com

the FF400 is running with internal clock, 96kHz at 96 samples.

yes, it is the Settings dialog i am referring to. all other settings remain normal, just the sample rate goes to 2Hz or 0Hz and is greyed out.

when you try and select a different sample rate, the new sample rate will show for a fraction of a second and then go straight back to 2Hz (or 0Hz).

i suspect the problem may have been caused by hotplugging the FF400 while bus-powered.

if this is the case, why is it necessary to uninstall and reinstall the driver to rectify the problem? is this just a stoopid Windows XP issue?