Topic: Control Totalmix by MIDI

Hi,
I have the FF800 in my studio and i bought the Behringer BCN44 to control it as the user guide suggests that i would.
After reading all the FF800 manual and after reading all the BCN44 manual and after reading several posts on local forums and on the RME forum, i want to ask you a question.

I managed to control everything i wanted with the BCN44. The most left button is control the talkback. By sending a midi Note.
The next button is control the dim function; the other 2 buttons are recalling preset 1 and 2.
I learned how to program the BCN44 in order to control the Totalmix and I'm doing well.
Now i wanted to assign the knobs to control some of the faders by sending CC on midi channels. So i started playing with it and i can make the  upper row and the middle row of the Totalmix mixer faders to move. by sending CC 102 on midi channel 1 i could control the most left fader in the upper row. The next fader is controlled by CC 103 on the same midi channel, and so on...
But my problem is that i cannot control the lower row of fader which is the physical outputs of the FF800.
it should be controlled  by midi channel 8 with CC 102 and so on. But nothing is happened in the Totalmix sad
So i opened up Nuendo and inserted a midi monitor plugin in a midi track and i was able to see the midi massages i was sending with the BNC44. it was the correct midi channel (8) and the correct CC (102) and still the Totalmix did not move.
i continued with channel 9 and CC 103 but nothing.
Do you know what is the problem with my setup? i want to be able to control the lower row of the faders in Totalmix with the BCN44.

thank you.

Re: Control Totalmix by MIDI

The third row is not controlled by cc. I think this one will come with a later driver update.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you Mathias for yout quick reply.

the user guide tells that you can control it with Midi channel 8 with CC 102 etc.
are you telling me that the user guide is wrong?

from the FF800 user manual (page 80):

The first row in TotalMix is addressed by MIDI channels 0 up to 3, the middle row by channels 4
up to 7 and the bottom row by channels 8 up to 11.

is this wrong?

No, I was wrong. It works, just checked. MIDI channel 9 and up...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK, i will check it for channel 9 instead of 8.

i will come back to update.
thank you
Eyal.

Hi,
it is working with channel 9 and up,

what i did not understand is why does the top row is controlled by channel 1-3 the mid row by 3-7 and the lower row by 8-11, according to the manual. but in practice channel 9 is control the lower row.
there is a confusion about channels 0-15 or 1-16 which the manual does not help in understand it. it says channel 8 so i tried channel 8.

well, it is working for me now.

Eyal.

The manual tells you that the list's channel 0 is the real world channel 1 and so on...programmers start at 0...I started to change that in the latest manuals.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME