Topic: Babyface advise before purchase...

Hello. I have just purchased the latest macbook pro and plan to record on location with a mobile setup, Babyface seems perfect for this but i have some questions; I have some external preamp/channel strips with the Avalon 737 being my favourite, I presume the avalon will run through one of the 2 available line inns via the breakout cable? I have noticed the maximum output on my Avalon is 30db and the max input on the Babyface line in is at 12db, I presume the two will work fine once i find the clipping (i usually input at -14 for vox) for the babyface via its led's whilst altering the output gain on the avalon? Secondly, Lets say i send a channel to the avalon from the bf/daw for processing, I will lose one channel of the monitor outs so when in such a scenario, I should change the main output for the studio monitors to phono and monitor my work that way, Allbeit at a lower output from the phones? Does anybody have experience with using external gear on the babyface and will it serve my purpose, Are there any drawback with 737/bf combo? Any help totally appreciated.

Re: Babyface advise before purchase...

I would really appreciate a response as my store has a limited babyface supply, Can anyone from rme Respond to my post please?