Topic: RME Babyface Review

Hi!  Just popping in to let you guys know that we have published our review of the Babyface here:

http://en.audiofanzine.com/external-aud … sbaby.html

We really enjoyed testing it and it's a shame we have to send the product back to RME! :-(

Re: RME Babyface Review

Thanks for the nice review.

Please note that the 'jog wheel' is made of aluminum too. I also found the statement 'you can't send different mixes to the headphones' misleading (I know what you mean, but I doubt the uninformed reader will know), as the fact that line out and headphone can have different signals had not been clearly explained before.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Noted.  I will pass your comments to our editor!

Ahhhhh........ Danke MC f?r diese Richtigstellung. Ich ging auch vom Gegeteil aus.
Damit kann ich ja den am Breakoutkabel befindlichen Stereo jack doch in Traktor pro als Line Out nutzen
und den Ger?teseitigen Koph?hrer-Ausgang zum Vorh?ren der Tracks.

daf?r vergebe ich 5 Sterne  *****

Hallo oldgroover, ich glaube, das ist ein Irrtum, gemeint sind die Line Outs (XLR), der Phones-Ausgang und der im Breakoutkabel befindliche Klinkenausgang geh?ren zusammen:

"Die analogen Ausg?nge Phones (Kanal 3/4) sind gleichzeitig am Breakoutkabel und an der
rechten Geh?useseite verf?gbar. Die Anschl?sse sind elektrisch nicht getrennt, beim Anschluss
von 2 Kopfh?rern ist mit verringerter Lautst?rke zu rechnen. Das niederohmige unsymmetrische
Ausgangssignal ist qualitativ identisch zu dem des Line-Ausgangs, aber im Pegel auf +7 dBu
begrenzt." (Zitat Bedienungsanleitung)

Gru?

moritzheinz

@moritzheinz

vielen Dank f?r dein Typ Moritz.
Na dann werde ich mir wohl oder ?bel ein y -Adapter Kabel Basteln m?ssen und anschl. die normalen
XLR Line-Outs benutzen.

MC wrote:

Thanks for the nice review.

Please note that the 'jog wheel' is made of aluminum too. I also found the statement 'you can't send different mixes to the headphones' misleading (I know what you mean, but I doubt the uninformed reader will know), as the fact that line out and headphone can have different signals had not been clearly explained before.

We have noted the aluminum make of the jog wheel...we were not sure of that during the review.  As for the headphones, we are talking about the TWO headphones outputs. Not the Main Line output and the headphone output.

I know that - but will the reader know with the text written as it is now? That was my point.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME