Topic: FF800 Host light stays on after bootup - Win 7.

Hi Everyone,

Spent a few hours going through the forums, could find people with similar problems but no solution described for the problem I have just started encountering.

What has started happening today is that after bootup on my win 7 machine my FF800 is not being detected. I have been using this setup with Pro Tools 9 for a few weeks now with no problems. When I turned on my machine this morning the host light just stayed on.

When I turn the FF800 unit off and then on again while the PC is on - the FF800 is detected and everything works more or less normally. There was one instance today when the units host light blinked on, I lost connection and PT9 stopped working etc. But it came back to life on its own, host light blinked off again and everything seemed ok....

I just tested the unit on my older mac power pc dual G5 and it worked perfectly on boot up. Host light turns off on startup. I did this 3 times in a row to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

I am using a FW800 to FW400 cable as the units fw400 port stopped working at the beginning of the year. I used the same cable on both the mac and the pc, so it would appear not to be the cable.

My PC is an i7 930 with a Gigabyte X58a - UD3R Motherboard, rev2

I tried the TI chipset firewire driver (with hotfix) and the Legacy firewire driver but it made no difference.

The only thing that has changed this week with my PC has been the installation of the Soundtoys Native bundle. It appeared to try and change something to do with the interlok/pace driver setup. I would think that would be completely unrelated, but who knows...

So really I am wondering if the FF800 units FW800 ports are on the way out too or if its something that has somehow changed software/driver wise in windows.

If anyone has any suggestions / solutions I would love to hear them!

Thanks in advance

Erik