1 (edited by h20fam 2010-12-15 22:15:01)

Topic: One last sync question!

All:

I have a quick question.  I was getting some sync issues with wordclock before, so I switched from using a digiface/multiface combo with adat preamps to just using digiface with adat preamps and a/d in the same box (used 24 ins and 24 outs vis-a-vis digimax pres).  The latter setup used adat to sync to the digiface as master.  I now need to add some more ins/outs, so I want to use my multiface, synced via spdif to the digiface.  My question is, can I run another of the same presonus preamps via adat from the 2nd card (multiface) without having to use word clock again?

The system would be digiface, 3 a/d d/a boxes from the digiface via adat with adat used to sync to digiface as master, a multiface synced to digiface via digital rca, and a single 8 channel ad/da into the multiface via adat.

Does that make sense?

We use the cards in a live music setting, so sync errors are.... frowned upon!

Thanks, and I love the RME hardware!

John

Re: One last sync question!

Bump.  Anyone?

You will need to sync the digiface and the multiface together. Remember in digital only one master many slaves! :-). So choose your master and sync from there. Doesn't matter whether you use adat, spdif, or word clock.

Isaac P.

So, as long as have 2 sdpif cables going back and forth between the RME interfaces (for sync) I dont have to worry about the 4th ad/da that is attached via ADAT to the slave RME card? Does that need wordclock or will the slave RME card send the master card's sync via the adat ins and outs?

Jh