Topic: Replacing Lynx Two with RME AIO questions

High there,

I’d like to replace my Lynx Two-C card with RME AIO. Basically, I’d need to interface AIO with Crainsong HEDD through AES/EBU and been able to monitor analog, balanced stereo out from AIO. Also, in order to keep them in sync I’d need a word clock connector. So far, none of the sales guys were able to answer me what optional cables are necessary for this combo.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Best,

AES MAN

Re: Replacing Lynx Two with RME AIO questions

Your card can sync to the HEDD (or vice versa) through AES/EBU, Word Clock is not necessary. All you need is a pair of AES/EBU cables.

If you prefer to use Word Clock anyway, you can buy the HDSP9632-WCM expansion board to add Word Clock capability to your AIO card.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff,
Basically you’re saying that AIO doesn’t need any special break out unit or cable for AES/EBU connectivity?
Also, I need word clock in order to keep few other unites in sync but it is not an immediate necessity. Also, do you know of any retailer who might have it all in stock closer to Montreal?
I need to get this stuff ASAP
Thank you

The digital breakout cable is included with the AIO card, this has coax SPDIF and XLR AES. If you need the balanced analog breakout cable this is available separately. No clue who might have stock in Montreal, sorry.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff for getting back to me!
I didn’t mean Montreal per se but something not too far away (north of New York) so that it doesn’t take forever to ship.

You can contact your distributor for Canada to find out about local dealers.

http://www.musicmarketing.ca/aboutus.cfm

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff,
Sorry to bother you again but I couldn’t get precise answers from the company where I plan to order the unit hence my question.

You said: “The digital breakout cable is included with the AIO card, this has coax SPDIF and XLR AES”; But the salesman wasn’t sure if the XLR AES were part of the AIO package.
I just want to make absolutely sure because as soon as the card is here I want to plug it in and work rather than ordering yet another part.
Can you please confirm this? Also, do you know if the drivers were tested with Samplitude Pro 11 and Sonar X1?

Thank you

As I said above, the AES/EBU connections are on the included digital breakout cable. I don't know about these specific software packages being used in testing, but the RME drivers conform to ASIO and WDM standards, so there should be no problem.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

http://www.rme-audio.de/images/products/products_cables_bo968.jpg

best regards
Knut

10 (edited by AES MAN 2010-12-22 21:07:39)

Thanks very much for all your help!

I just ordered the card and it should be here within few days. Now that I got your attention I want to describe exactly what I plan to do and perhaps you can smooth out my transition from Lynx to RME.

First, I’ll be tracking acoustic guitars and I want to take two 96 kHz mono inputs from HEDD AES/EBU. How would you set RME ASIO driver and the mixer for this operation? I know it all should be very logical
but I want to escape those strange moments where I question my sanity. It would be totally Christmassy of you if you can post some screen shots here. All of that to say is that I have a deadline and likely will be working these holidays and that is not the time to ask questions. I hope you understand my trepidation :-)
Thank you