Topic: Routing to tc helicon

I wounder how to route the fireface 800 best to an TC Helicon unit. Dont matter how i try i cant get them to work. Can i use spdif from ff to helicon?  i have alreday tried it and tried to set it up right in cubase but my recorded song will not use the helicon fx. Somewere i have done something wrong. Im so stupid in this routing thing and i get so confused. I have read the manual also and tried of what i could understand to get it right but it doesnt work. If someone could tell me from the beginning (with cables from ff to helicon) how to route right and then also maybe how to setup cubase properly i would be more than happy.HeadScratch

Re: Routing to tc helicon

Hi there,

I'm no expert at all. But this is what I understand: if you want to get the audio signal from your helicon to your ff, you must use the audio output of your helicon and connect it with the audio input of your ff ... no digital connection would make sense.
Dependent on what your helicon unit offers to you this is either an xlr plug or a jack plug (ff accepts both).
I combine a tc helicon voicedoubler with my ff 800, but can't get rid of that annoying ambient noise (see my message from earlier today). Do you have a solution for that?

Greets, Nick