Topic: Problems with fireface 400 and microphone

Hello, i own a fireface 400 for over 2 years now and i just bought a audio technica at 2035 microphone and i hear quite a big buzz if i open the volume on the input. I never got a power supply with the sound card and i thought i wasn't supposed to come with one until another friend of mine bought one and his came with the power supply, now my question is: if i get a power supply would it kill the buzz humm sound or it could be a different problem?
Thanks in advance

Re: Problems with fireface 400 and microphone

I've just plugged another microphone to either channel 1 or 2 and it still hums and buzz a lot when i increase the volume of the input on the fireface settings

realityengine wrote:

I've just plugged another microphone to either channel 1 or 2 and it still hums and buzz a lot when i increase the volume of the input on the fireface settings

have you tested the mic lead? Also have you tried dynamic and condensor mics on them?

Isaac P

yes Isaac i tried both.
It's weird hum and i cant record at all.
all you guys have received the power adapter?
also when i turn on and off the phantom the hum stops but for a very short period of time and its not on the same time always, sometimes it just fades fast and then comes back