Intel H55HC Motherboard
500g Seagate Hard drive for OS
2T Seagate Hard drive for Audio
8 gigs of RAM
RME 9652 with expansion card
Cubase 4 with 32 bit install
Reason 4
Ableton 7

I have updated the drivers for the soundcard and updated cubase.

I am able to record into cubase and it records fine. But on playback i get nothing. I can write in Reason and open my old files but on playback there is nothing. I can see the meters jump in the dsp mixer.

I've checked the volume controls in control panel in windows as well and they are up and i can see the levels moving yet still no sound.

Last week I had sound. It seemed like some frequencies were missing though. Somewhere in the 400 - 800hz seemed lacking for some reason on everything I played.

I recently had issues installing my waves bundle, but finally got it to work. I also ran CC (Crap Cleaner) to clean the registry inbetween my trillion attempts to install the bundle so it would work. Did I perhaps accidentally remove something I need?

The soundcard is running 1/4" out of the expansion card into a behringer mixer. This is the same way I have always done it and have never had a problem. I currently have my old machine connected to the same mixer and I get sound. I tried changing the cables i was using and still nothing is working.

Any help at all would be great.

Thank you!

Re: No sound at all on WIN 7 64 bit

Is that HDSP 9652 or DIGI 9652 printed on the card?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by logam 2010-11-03 03:56:22)

Well I just double checked before stating it and realized that it is the HDSP model which is what i thought, but my expansion card states that its for the digi model. Is that my problem? They played together perfectly fine on my other system.

Your problem might be related to different drivers, swapping the ADAT port signals. Try to connect the AEB-4 or 8 out that you seem to use to the other ADAT out port, or simply send some signals to outputs that you think are not connected. Or you are using double speed now which is not supported by the AEB.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Well after I took the card out to read exactly which version it was I had to reinstall everything because when I booted my PC, it no longer acknowledged that I had an RME card. After that....sound. Go figure. Still not certain if Im getting the right frequency response though. Havent had a moment to really check it out. Thanks though!

Okay I just realized that my sound issue is that apparently I cannot pan anything. I have no stereo image for some reason. Everything is in mono and I can't seem to change that. On the HDSP mixer I do not have the Mono icon selected under Monitor Main. I have A1 1+2 selected but I still can't hear any panning or real stereo wide signals. Any ideas?

Try restting the HDSP mixer - hold CTRL and click the Preset 1 button. Also, is the expansion board AEB 4-O or AEB 8-O? What type of cable connections are made?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Try restting the HDSP mixer - hold CTRL and click the Preset 1 button. Also, is the expansion board AEB 4-O or AEB 8-O? What type of cable connections are made?

Holy Crap! It worked! You are the man! This has been bugging me for a while now! :-) Thanks bro!