Topic: Fireface UC vs Fireface 400

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of buying a new audio card, and was almost sure on a Fireface 400, until I saw the Fireface UC coming up. Let me start off by saying that I have some kind of prejudices against USB, but I'm ready to be proven wrong.

The question is: what would you advise to buy (for my specific needs and situation), the FF400 or the FF UC?

I will be using it on a MacBook pro late 2010 15", i5 2.4Ghz processor, 4G RAM.

My main needs are: stability and low latencies: I will be using it mostly in live situations with Mainstage, so a very strong accent on stability.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Fireface UC vs Fireface 400

This was discussed recently here: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic … 227#p48227

best regards
Knut

Oops - search skills failed, sorry. However, i wanted to ask something else which was not actually asked in that thread... from a stability and latency point of view *only*, is there a winner between the UC and the FF or are they to be considered equal?

... is there a winner between the UC and the FF or are they to be considered equal?

In theory yes, but in practic this depends on the host computer.

best regards
Knut

Thanks - I think I'll go with the FFUC together with my MBP, which is hopefully what I'm looking for! smile