Topic: help with ff800 and cubase le

hello I am  a newbie so please treat me gently.

the problem is I cannot get sound to record in cubase.  i have read several other forum threads and have followed the instructions but I am still missing something.

i have the ff800 connected to an xp based fast pc via firewire 800.  i CAN see a level in total mix responding to a microphone connected to the front input 7.  no response though from cubase.

1st questions is what setting do I use in the xp sounds and audio devices/audio/soundplayback etc do I select? or, is this bypassed by the ASIO driver and not neccessary.

presuming, for now, i simply want 4 analogue inputs into the fireface, can some one tell me what to select in xp audio devices and cubase vst connections to record 4 mono tracks of audio.  I was trying different combinations in total mix also but, looking at another post, I understand total mix is bypassed, is this correct.

many thanks

Re: help with ff800 and cubase le

This is just a Cubase setup problem. Make sure you select "ASIO Fireface" in Device Setup, and add busses (F4) for any inputs and outputs you want to use. After this, you just need to assign the desired input to each track.

Nothing at all to do with Windows control panel - except Windows cannot use channels already in use by an ASIO app like Cubase.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: help with ff800 and cubase le

sorted, many thanks for your help