Topic: Problems installing/finding the UFX drivers?

Hello there!
Recently upgraded from my FF800 to the UFX. Followed the manual and installed the Fireface_FW driver with help from the Hardware Wizard. (Do I need to install the Fireface_USB-driver also? And how do I do then? The manual says you shouldn't install the drivers manually). I only intend to use the Firewire-connection in my studio.

Everything seems to work fine but my main concern is that I dont find the Fireface UFX drivers anywhere. In Cubase and Wavelab I only find the Fireface ASIO drivers from my previous FF800-unit. I've downloaded the new drivers from this site but nothing happens when I try to install them. Same thing with the Flash Update Tool.

I did not remove the Fireface Totalmix or Settings from the FF800 installation before I installed the UFX.
I use PC with Windows XP SP2.

Thanks in advance

/Kristian

Re: Problems installing/finding the UFX drivers?

I sorted it out with help from my retailer. Apparently you have to uninstall the FF800-drivers and install the UFX's USB-drivers first (before the FW-drivers). Nothing about this in the manual. Not very happy about that.

Re: Problems installing/finding the UFX drivers?

If you connect the UFX via Firewire, there is no need to install USB drivers (unless you need to update firmware).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME