Topic: No sound from 9652 PCI on windows7

Hello.

I just got my new PC with windows 7 64bit running. Installed my trusty old RME9652 card and can not get a single sound from it except the noise I get if I set SPDIF Out to ADAT1. That always produce some hellish noise. I can see signals from the inputs and outputs in totalmix, but nothing get out to my Alesis AI3. Anybody experience this? Where to start looking for the fault?

Re: No sound from 9652 PCI on windows7

Is this a HDSP 9652 or DIGI 95/52? The old DIGI cards are not compatible with the 64 bit OS.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

It is a HDSP 9652 with board revision 1.6.

Try a physical loopback on the card, connect ADAT 1 out to ADAT 1 in, and set Clock Mode: Master. If the output signal is also present at the input row of the HDSP Mixer, then the card is operating properly.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Try a physical loopback on the card, connect ADAT 1 out to ADAT 1 in, and set Clock Mode: Master. If the output signal is also present at the input row of the HDSP Mixer, then the card is operating properly.

I connected a cable between the two. In master mode nothing happends but in autosync all channels lights up. If I could attach an image in this forum I would.

Did you play audio through the card in this configuration?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

No, I am not sure how I should get anything into the card without anything connected to it. But that while doing this and fiddling around with other connections I suddenly got sound! I have no idea what madeit work again. But it works!