Topic: SPDIF for audio to control room?

I have JBL LSR's which have a SPDIF input- can I configure the RME to send the main mix (1/2) via SPDIF to the JBL's?  I could never g

this working with the Digi hardware... for that matter I couldn't get any of the SPDIF to work with it- in the fireface mixer, is it possible to get mono outputs (instead of pairs for 3-8?????)- It looks like on the matrix the outputs are separate.... but on playback my choices are only in pairs?

and (assuming the SPDIF out) is a dead end, if I use a normalized patchbay, how much of an affect would it have on the signal if I parallel out from 1/2 to go to my control room monitors and my "A" pair of inputs on my headphone amp (Presonus HP60)

Thanks much

Re: SPDIF for audio to control room?

SPDIF out is ch 11+12, try preset 6 in the FF Mixer.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwoKoxYfzds

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

4 (edited by stainless 2011-01-09 16:49:39)

I have audio!!!

I'm "thinking SPDIF" is the best mode, as the JBL's convert A/D and then back to D/A for the power amps... and it seems one less round of conversion would be preferable(yes/no?)... and assuming I get both channels working in the control room

The signal routing I'm hoping to get is as follows:

drums (6 mics) routed to a stereo bus which has output to SPDIF and analog 3 - this mono output is then routed to one of 4 "inject' channels on a headphone matrix mixer Oz Q-Mix

bass to SPDIF and Analog 4 (routed to another "inject")

guitar to SPDIF and analog 5 (as above)

keys to stereo bus with output like the drum (SPDIF and analog 6)

vocals to SPDIF and 1/2 (sent to main in of headphone amp

Analog 7 and 8 would be use as needed (click, additional instrument)

I sum all the headphone mixes into the tracking room as this seems to work best for most players

First- is this scenario 'doable"?

would I set this up in the matrix?