Topic: My UFX has super serious problems...

I just got RME on Friday with priority overnight shipment. I spent extra 75 bucks to get this item earlier. It had worked for 4 hours perfectly; however, sounds stared to be boosted and has destructive noise. Mixer setting on the device(Not on my PC) had been changing so many times even sometimes it had made super loud sound like thunder and I got shocked and awakened by this.

I couldn’t reach with technicians causes by weekend, thus I had been testing my UFX with this problem. I thought this problem was happen by firewire driver with my windows, so I've tried to test it with Stand-alone-mode and USB cable mode, but it didn’t work at all. Also, I've already tried to reinstall firmware. It seemed that it had been fixed, but several hours later, it was happend again.

Now I can't turn off +48V phantom power and It looked like Christmas tree’s LEDs… Check this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrgOWGw1mh8&hd=1

I’m just so worried about my other equipment got damages. Especially, my speakers and headphones. :_(
I think I can hear tiny buzzing sound from them.

Tell me what I should do.

Re: My UFX has super serious problems...

I think it is safe to assume this is a hardware problem, sorry. Please contact the dealer to arrange a return for exchange.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.