Topic: Rme Aes?

I'm in the market for a new interface.  I need 16x16 AES on PCIe.  It would not hurt to have some lightpipe and MIDI, but neither is a huge deal.  I am a long time very satisfied RME user.  But I'm finding a Lynx option that is offering me 16x16AES plus 16x16 lightpipe (no MIDI) for several hundred dollars less than the RME AES card.

So the obvious question is, why should I pay more for the RME card?  I'm open, sell me on logical reasons.  No cheering for RME guys, like I said, I've been a happy RME user for years.  I know how good the company is.  It is this specific situation I am addressing.    The 16x16 Lynx AES PCIe card is $700, the 16x16 RME AES PCIe card with MIDI is $1200.  That is a lot of money if the only functional difference between the two cards is a MIDI port.

Bill

Re: Rme Aes?

Hi Bill
I have nothing to say re the cards technically because I own neither, but I would sound a note of caution re the support offered by Lynx. I'm now a satisfied RME user (HDSPE AIO) after jumping ship from Lynx. Their driver support really went downhill a few years back (there was a 64-bit driver issue), and when I complained about this (along with many other users may I add) their only response was to threaten to bar me from their forums. The forum support offered by RME, not to mention the tone of the responses, is far superior.