Topic: V3 Drivers crushing WinXPSP3 on Nuendo startup

Hello,
with V3 drivers i'm having BSOD on Nuendo startup. I can't load Nuendo because it allways and up with "Blue screen" saying that there is some hardware or drivers problem and something about portcls.sys. I can upload a photo of BSOD if there is a need. Tried 3034, 3033, 3016 driver version and same problem apears. When I tried with 295 drivers Nuendo was loading without a problem. I wonder where is the problem? Don't want to be stuck with old drivers.

Second question: Because of installing older drivers after latest now windows don't see Fireface anymore. When I go Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices it says "No audio device". Device manager says it's 3.0.34.0 driver. Fireface settings says it's 2.95. Is there any way to make windows see Fireface without reinstallling entire OS? ASIO works great

Thanks,
Mano

Re: V3 Drivers crushing WinXPSP3 on Nuendo startup

Which Nuendo version is this?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by mano 2010-12-23 09:49:10)

Matthias,
it is Nuendo 4.3.0

Fireface hardware revision is 2.77

Mano

portcls.sys is not part of our drivers. If you google this there are lots of information and possible reasons about this BSOD.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The fireface driver is not installed properly.
You should uninstall it and make make sure that all fireface driver files are deleted from your computer. Most important are the .inf files in your windows directory. Delete all oemXXX.inf files and of course the fireface.inf
After uninstall, please reboot.

After that you can install it again. Make sure that you install it for every instance, otherwise you will get into trouble (version number not consistent)

If the device don't show up after fresh driver install:
Windows Xp OS has a device limit of 32. You probably have installed too many drivers before, so the fireface WDM devices don't show up. You have to delete unused devices from the registry.

/Uwe

6 (edited by mano 2010-12-24 18:22:00)

MC wrote:

portcls.sys is not part of our drivers. If you google this there are lots of information and possible reasons about this BSOD.

I googled before posting here. Most of the time BSOD was related to driver problems. I know that portcls.sys is not part of RME drivers, but I assume that there must be some communication with it. My WinXP is freshly installed and V2 drivers work, but V3 drivers don't. That is how I concluded there is a problem with V3 drivers.

@uwekirst
Thanks, I'll try that

Thanks god there is another user with the same problem.

I have exactly the same behaviour. Nuendo 4.3, blue screens with v3 driver, no problems with v2 driver.

I also discussed that with Matthias in "Release candidate of the Windows driver 3.x" topic, and a little bit here:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8781

portcls.sys communicates with audio related stuff so I guess there is something in v3 driver that was not present in v2...

Regards,

b.

https://granurise.com

uwekirst wrote:

The fireface driver is not installed properly.
You should uninstall it and make make sure that all fireface driver files are deleted from your computer. Most important are the .inf files in your windows directory. Delete all oemXXX.inf files and of course the fireface.inf
After uninstall, please reboot.

After that you can install it again. Make sure that you install it for every instance, otherwise you will get into trouble (version number not consistent)

If the device don't show up after fresh driver install:
Windows Xp OS has a device limit of 32. You probably have installed too many drivers before, so the fireface WDM devices don't show up. You have to delete unused devices from the registry.

/Uwe

Thank you UWE.That did it for me.

Regards