Topic: HDSPe PCI in IBM Thinkcentre hangs in bios

Hi,

I have a HDSPe PCI card rev 1.2 serialnumber 2309xxxx that doesn't like to be connected to my IBM Thinkcentre 8215

The problem is that the computer hangs directly in bios bootup, in the first Thinkcentre splashscreen. The text shown on screen is "System is starting..." and I cannot get further. I cannot even press "Enter" to enter the bios menues.

The computer works perfect when the HDSPe card is removed.

I have updated the bios firmware in the Thinkcentre to the latest (2EKT46A 2009/06/02) and that didn't help.

The IBM has only one PCIe slot (PCIe 1x-ADDR2-R slot) so I can't try another slot either.

Anyone else had similar problem? Is the HDSPe card faulty or is it my computer?

Best regards,
Ronny Andersson

Re: HDSPe PCI in IBM Thinkcentre hangs in bios

The BIOS might offer the option to disable the PCI Express power management. That is your only chance, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yeah, I was afraid of that answer. I've seen that solution in other threads in the forum but unfortunately I cannot find anything about PCI express power management in the bios.

But thanks for the answer!

/Ronny

ronny wrote:

Yeah, I was afraid of that answer. I've seen that solution in other threads in the forum but unfortunately I cannot find anything about PCI express power management in the bios.

But thanks for the answer!

/Ronny

Hi Ronny,

maybe there is a BIOS Update available from IBM/Lenovo that adds the Power Management. This was the case with ThinkPads refusing to work with MADIface ExpressCards.

Regards