Topic: raydat spdif output problem

I'm new with the raydat but what i'm trying to do is run spdif from raydat to my Presonus Central Station for monitoring.  Now i started off with a adat/lightpipe cable from adat output 4 to my Central Station with no luck.  Then I tried using a Spdif coax cable from the breakout cable on the raydat to my spdif input on Central Station and again nothing. I also tried running the spdif to my Tc Electronics Finalizer just to make sure it was not the Central Station that had the problem and again nothing. 

I'm wondering if I am overlooking something some place.  Like I said i'm new with the Rme stuff so i hope its something simple.  Any Ideas?

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit with Protools 9.

Re: raydat spdif output problem

Wrong SPDIF coax connector used? Optical: SPDIF Out - ADAT4 is checked in the card's Settings dialog?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yep tried both of these with no luck.  Made sure when using coax i checked that in settings and then tried adat 4 as well when using adat cable.  I tried 2 different spdif cables as well. 

What color on breakout cable is spdif output (red or white) and which is input?

Red should be output, but you better check by feeding some signal (CD player or such).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Maybe you have a similar problem, Protools 9 only gives you 32 in/outs.
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9520

Not to overlook the seemingly obvious - do you have Totalmix set correctly?  cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8