Topic: Wanted in TotalMixFx: show fader position when channel width minimized

The Minimize function is very cool, especially with the ctrl-button.
What would make it even better, is to make a small bright horizontal line crossing over the level bar,
or a small bright arrow indicator to the right/left/both side(s) of the level bar, showing the level of the fader,
but only in minimized mode.

This should be easy to implement, there is certainly space for it, and it would make the minimized view soo much more useful :-)

And while I'm in the area...
what about putting a tiny D or E at the bottom of the HW inputs where Bus name is usually displayed (AN 1/2, ADAT 1/2...)
when in minimized mode?
I see that the bus names are removed because there is not enough space for it in minimized mode.
So there is a small area not being used for anything right now.
It would make the minimized mode more convenient if there was a D when the dynamics are active
and an E when the Eq is active (and empty space if none of them are active)
...or display the E and D all the time just changing the colors like in non-minimized mode...whatever looks more readable

/Geir.

Re: Wanted in TotalMixFx: show fader position when channel width minimized

1. Min fader: Nice idea.

2. E/D: Inconsistent solution as not possible in the Hardware Outputs row.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Wanted in TotalMixFx: show fader position when channel width minimized

1. Thanks. I got the idea from my Mackie digital 2U Quad-EQ. This can show the Eq "fader" positions in one LED color
and at the same time a spectrum analyzer result using the same LED bars, but with a different color.  All the LEDs in each
bar is bi-color (red/green). Very nice.

2. Well, I agree and disagree :-)
Yes, you might say it's inconsistent, but this lower part/area is not present at all on the HW output row,
only on the Input and SW Playback rows, so you would not expect any letters/info there.

If you ask me, I would actually prefer that you add a few pixels at the bottom of the HW outputs row to make it look
the same as the other two rows (consistent :-) and then add the same D/E indicators there.
This would make the minimized view more informative and give a better quick overview if you want to
have everything minimized in a small window of your screen, just for an overview.

If you wanna keep the total window height the same, I would suggest grabbing a few pixels like this:
1. Shrink by 1-2 pixels above and 1-2 below each UFL UFL area
2. If you need more, I would shrink the area below the faders/meters with 1 pixel too.
Altogether 1 and 2 would give you 9-15 extra pixels which should be enough for increasing the bottom of the
HW output rows just enough to make it similar to the others.

...would be nice smile

BR, Geir.