Topic: ReAmping with the Babyface

Dear RME-Support,

I just bought a Palmer Reamping-Box that I want to use with the Babyface. I have two questions:

1) I was planning on using the Line Out of the BF to send my signal to the Reamping Box. However, could I also send the unbalanced signal of the Phones-Out straight to the Amp without using a Reamping Box at all?

2) Using the Line Out, should I switch the In of the Reamping Box to -10dbV or +4dbU?

Regards

2 (edited by Captain Cook 2011-01-27 19:05:32)

Re: ReAmping with the Babyface

Not sure if my first question made any sense at all. It's about impedance, not balanced/unbalanced, right? Or is it? Could I also take the signal from the unbalanced Phones Out and put it to the balanced In of the Reamping Box? In other words: does it matter if my signal comes from the Line Out or the Phones Out?

3 (edited by vinark 2011-01-27 19:44:31)

In any way it is save to use the headphones out into the amp. You do need to split the left and right channel of course. How it will sound is a different question, that you can only answer by trying and I (or maybe we) would like to know the answer too. Do let us know what amp you use and other details.

2) Using the Line Out, should I switch the In of the Reamping Box to -10dbV or +4dbU?
Also trial and error, what does sound closest to what you like.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Line out

No impedance problem with the reamp box that way.

No need for the pad but I have another box and tested against the guitar directly through the amp to set the levels in my daw.

Happy recording