1 (edited by osal8 2011-01-28 00:48:37)

Topic: PLEASE HELP! Fireface 400 suddenly stopped working on my Macbook.

Im on Tiger 10.4.11. Ive tested the Firewire port and its good. The unit is also functioning fine on my PC. It just suddenly stopped working after my last gig. I have a another gig on Sat and any help would be greatly appreciated. Basically the Total Mix app and the Fireface Applications wont load, they just bounce for a bit and disappear. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, updating firmware, repairing permissions. PLEASE HELP!

Im getting the "No Fireface driver or device installed" error when i launch the flash updater.  Also the red host light is on.

Host Name:      joe-naders-computer
Date/Time:      2011-01-27 14:07:50.840 -0800
OS Version:     10.4.11 (Build 8S2167)
Report Version: 4

Command: Fireface Flash
Path:    /Users/joenader/Desktop/Fireface Flash Update 1.70 2.77/Fireface Flash.app/Contents/MacOS/Fireface Flash
Parent:  WindowServer [85]

Version: 2.83 (2.83)

PID:    312
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: ___stack_chk_guard
  Referenced from: /Users/joenader/Desktop/Fireface Flash Update 1.70 2.77/Fireface Flash.app/Contents/MacOS/Fireface Flash
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Re: PLEASE HELP! Fireface 400 suddenly stopped working on my Macbook.

Forgot to mention the red host light is on

Have you tried another FW cable?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

4 (edited by osal8 2011-01-31 04:44:18)

RME Support wrote:

Have you tried another FW cable?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes I did. I took my Macbook to Apple and had them do a clean install since i thought it may be a software issue. Still same red host light. I had to use my friends Ultralite for my gig. One thing though is that my friends Ultralite wasn't being recognized either on the Firewire port but it picked it up USB fine. Maybe my Firewire port is messed up? I tested my hard drive and it picked it up so thats why i was quick to rule it out, but the fact that another soundcard would only function usb has me wondering. Guess I should test it on another Macbook?