Topic: babyface breakout cable, tension to plug it in

hello

im having a back and forth coming "hum" or buzz in my monitors when i use my babyface. it comes when the output is set to a certain level, around 70 %, then it goes away. even if im not playing any music.

i also very randomly have problems with digital strange sound on recording. bought my babyface in december and have had 2 very strange digital sounds when recording music.

if i press on the dock of the breakout cable, it goes away. or sometimes gets worse. if i screw the screws harder it goes away or comes more.

i have a macbook pro 2010 model. and grounded electricity in my house.

i have no clue how to fix this. i assume its some sort of lack of contact in the 15 pin connection?
how hard should i screw the two screws?

otherwise its great.. Just breakout cable blues. and if that cable/connection dont work, i cannot use it.

Re: babyface breakout cable, tension to plug it in

Hi,

please ask the local dealer or distributor to exchange the cable...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

ok boring procedure but thanks for the answer.

i have a theory that all the metal things there in the attachment of the 15 pin thing cause the electricity hum. so there should some solution. maybe find the sweetspot of tension the screws?

this has never happend on any other babyface?

i turned the off the phantom power on one mic, and pulled the screws a bit harder. now its gone!

strange. maybe its the phantom power causing the noise in the monitors.