Topic: Moved to previous computer, Asio is gone

Hi, I own and love the fireface 400 for the last few years.

ive moved back to using my old computer but the asio drivers don't seem to be showing in any of my music apps such as cubase or ableton.....i can only access MME

i've installed the lastest driver and update, i also replaced the asio dll in system 32 with the new asio that comes with win_fire_29992

i cannot figure out why this is happening, can you help me please?

thanks,
Lee

Re: Moved to previous computer, Asio is gone

You should never replace any RME files in System32 after the install, try a new install/update with the current driver.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

sorry, i should have said that i tried that (sys 32) after i was having the asio problem

i will do as you say and see what happens

cheers

Hi, ive tried a new install/update....all that happens is i get a folder containing the fireface mix and settings exe files and the asio dl's

but it doesn't attempt to install anything, they just open in my taskbar and im still missing my option for asio in any of my daws, or anywhere at all

how do i re-install?

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=732

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

i'm not getting the found new hardware wizard pop up

i've removed all files to do with the fireface, shut down ,reconnected the fireface and booted up but still no hardware wizard screen is coming up

is there a way to manually do this if the wizard isn't automatically coming up?

Yes, as explained in the link. Open Device Manager, find the entry for the card (with a yellow mark), right click and select "Update Driver".

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.