Topic: HDSP 9652 ASIO driver not initializing card in Vienna Ensemble Pro

Hi.  I've had the RME 9652 recently mod-ed... from rev 1.3  up to current version.  The Mod was done at Synthax here in the USA. so that my old card would now work with windows 7, where i am attempting to run Vienna Ensemble Pro as a slave machine.  Now that i have the mod, I have flashed the card up to rev 108, and have installed the latest drivers   3.08.5 ...   the card runs wonderfully with kontakt as standalone.. runs perfectly with PLAY in standalone.  however, the ASIO driver fails when opening vienna instruments, and the card will not initialize.  I get a message immediately on start up from VEP saying could not initialize ASIO driver for selected audio card.   this happens with no other programs running.  on fresh start up, where no other program would have attempted to access the driver.   

I've been writing back and forth with the people at Vienna Instruments,  and we have been unable to find the problem.  They are unable to replicate my issue. Any ideas on what might be causing this problem?

thanks
r