Topic: HDSPe MADI and MSI P35 Platinum

Hello All,

I am having some problems with some recently purchased HDSPe MADI cards. These are the first PCIe cards that we have owned but have several systems already working with multiple PCI versions. The problem I am having sounds exactly like a clocking problem but all seems to be OK in status. The audio sounds partly distorted on all channels and there are occaional pops and clicks.

We have two cards installed in a MSI P35 Platinum MoBo with a 3.0Ghz Core 2 Duo and 4Gb RAM, Windows XP. The inputs are being fed from another PCI card based Recorder with outputs running to a DIGICO D5 for monitoring. Word clocks are distributed from a DA and all cards report that they are synced. Cards are upgraded to Version 16 and running the latest WDM streaming driver. Even with no software runniogn and just routing through the card I still get clicks and pops.

Any Ideas?

Scott George
Autograph Sound Recording Ltd, London

Scott George
Autograph Sound Recording Ltd
www.autograph.co.uk

Re: HDSPe MADI and MSI P35 Platinum

I seem to have sorted this problem as the cards were set to 56 channel rather than 64. Correct me if I am wrong someone but does this not just disable the last eight channels or is there a different mapping all together?

Thanks

Scott George
www.autograph.co.uk

HI,
DigiCo Madi is a 56 channel madi you can not have the RME card set to 64 channel.

Scott
ADK

Hi Scott,

Yes, this is what I find interesting. At the moment at least Digico is 56 channels on a MADI stream, however, what I am experiancing with the HDSPe cards on latest firmware and driver I get clicks and pops unless they are set to 64 channels. A bit strange.

Scott George
www.autograph.co.uk

jcschild wrote:

HI,
DigiCo Madi is a 56 channel madi you can not have the RME card set to 64 channel.

AFAIR this is 64 channel format with 56 channels of audio and 8 channels filled with control signals instead of audio.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

AFAIR this is 64 channel format with 56 channels of audio and 8 channels filled with control signals instead of audio.

This could be true Maththias although it seems to behave inconsistently with the older driver/card where it needed to be set to 56channels.

Scott George
www.autograph.co.uk