Topic: Can't get my MADI card to sync to 96k.

I just got called to work on a project at 96k and for some reason I can't get my MADI card to sync at 96k. It's set to Auto SYnc, sees any changes between 44.1 and 48 just fine, but when I change my clock source (my SSL Alphalink converter) to 96k, the RME card just goes between 44.1 and 48k. It's saying "Sync" and the mode is "Slave", also it's set to 96k frame. Pref Sync Ref is set to MADI in, coaxial.

HELP! Any clues to why this MADI card won't sync to 88.2 or 96k????

I have a PCI Hammerfall MADI card that has been firmware updated to 207. Win7. Recently built custom machine.

Re: Can't get my MADI card to sync to 96k.

Just start playback or recording at 96k and the card will be switched to 96k...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hey Daniel,

Have a project loaded into Cubase 5.5 at 96k, but it's not forcing the card to change to 96k, even if I set that card to master. Interestingly, I fired up Wavelab and it DID change it's system clock status to slave 96k, although the autosync reference is MADI 48k.

What do you think is happening here? Should I trust clock is being handled correctly?

Ok, so once it's in 96k, it won't even go back to 1/2 speed. As I change my clock source to 44.1k or 48k, the RME card switches back and forth from 96k to 88.2k. I have to fire up Wavelab, PLAY some audio at 44.1 or 48 to get the card to switch back to either of those two sample rates. It's as if the RME card wants to be at single or double speed/rate, but will not easily switch between the two unless forced to by Wavelab.

There has to be an easier remedy for this. Is the HDSPe series card able to do this with out being forced to by Wavelab?

Thanks
John

johnnyb2u wrote:

I have to fire up Wavelab, PLAY some audio at 44.1 or 48 to get the card to switch back to either of those two sample rates. It's as if the RME card wants to be at single or double speed/rate, but will not easily switch between the two unless forced to by Wavelab.

This is fully intentional and expected behaviour. Switching the sample rate range requires an audio software to tell the card to do so.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

johnnyb2u wrote:

Ok, so once it's in 96k, it won't even go back to 1/2 speed. As I change my clock source to 44.1k or 48k, the RME card switches back and forth from 96k to 88.2k. I have to fire up Wavelab, PLAY some audio at 44.1 or 48 to get the card to switch back to either of those two sample rates. It's as if the RME card wants to be at single or double speed/rate, but will not easily switch between the two unless forced to by Wavelab.

There has to be an easier remedy for this. Is the HDSPe series card able to do this with out being forced to by Wavelab?

Thanks
John

You can use the Digicheck software todo this if you like. That very fast and handy.

Pål