Topic: Babyface headphone output level question

Guten tag,
I've been trying to think of the best way to resolve my problem with the Babyface - that of a too weak headphone output for my Sennheiser 650s.
Am I correct in thinking that the 2 headphone outputs have just been literally split electrically in the BF?
If so, would using a Y-cable to join the 2 outputs together to a new headphone socket effectively double the power available?
Most of the time I have no need of the 2nd headphone output so this would solve this problem neatly for me without having to buy an additional headphone amp, which I really wanted to avoid.
If this is a stupid idea, please don't be too harsh!
Cheers!

Re: Babyface headphone output level question

As mentioned everywhere these are NOT separated outputs, so connecting them together outside just mirrors the current internal state.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by chilly 2011-02-09 23:09:24)

did u set in Total mix headphones " level" to" high" ? fryingpan

with headphone "level" "low" in Total Mix my Sennhizer HD800 are quait too, but with "high" i have anought volume

p.s. if i am not wrong Fireface UFX and Baby Face have the same headphone preamps...

regarding of ur saggesting about joining two outputs to one headphone , i have no idea what will heppend in the real world if u will try to do this but in digital world u will have a little bit of flangning effect when two indentical sound sourcers will go to one source with perfect sync but if sync of one headphone will be lost at list 0.1ms  u will have a strong flanging effect deppending of the richnes of harmonc of the sound of couse, so my strong advice is don't do this !!!

chilly wrote:

with headphone "level" "low" in Total Mix my Sennhizer HD800 are quait too, but with "high" i have anought volume

p.s. if i am not wrong Fireface UFX and Baby Face have the same headphone preamps...

They may have the same headphone preamps, but TotalmixFX misses the headphone level adjustment when used with the Babyface - its just set at one low reference level. :-(

5 (edited by chilly 2011-02-09 23:08:06)

Gr8h8m wrote:
chilly wrote:

They may have the same headphone preamps, but TotalmixFX misses the headphone level adjustment when used with the Babyface - its just set at one low reference level. :-(

Oh i did not know that!!!

If it is true, it wil be totaly sucks, because all good headphoness requair a good strong signal  DeadHorse

if u want to buy a good headphone pream be ready to spend at list the same amount of money that u payed for baby face, unfortionaly