Topic: Seeking advice on a professional choice

Hello everyone,
forgive mistakes, but I'm Italian and I do not speak English very well.
I am here to ask for some information from those who know more than me.
For my Project Studio I was willing to take a Pro Tools HD 2, but then considering some factors such as, for example, the price and the same performance I'm directing toward a system that RME, however, does not know very well.

Can any of you be so kind as to explain what products RME is equitable to have a system that is comparable to Pro Tools HD2?

RME HDSP MADI I thought, and an A / D converter, do you think is right?

thanks in advance
greetings
Luca

Re: Seeking advice on a professional choice

No one can help me?

ME HDSP MADI I thought, and an A / D converter, do you think is right?

Yes. A MADI system is completely modular. You can add any AD/DA converters and digital I/Os up to 64 inputs and 64 outputs. What I/O configuration do you need?

best regards
Knut

4 (edited by lucaam86 2011-02-10 20:01:41)

Admin Knut wrote:

ME HDSP MADI I thought, and an A / D converter, do you think is right?

Yes. A MADI system is completely modular. You can add any AD/DA converters and digital I/Os up to 64 inputs and 64 outputs. What I/O configuration do you need?

best regards
Knut

At least for now I don't have a great need of many channels.
For example, 12 input and 12 output would be ok!
Based on this do you recommend?

For example, 12 input and 12 output would be ok!

This could be HDSPe MADI card with two external converters, like the ADI-8 QS. This system will provide 2 x 8 analog I/Os with the option of adding up to 46 I/Os later.

For 12 analog I/O you can also have look on the new 60-channel Fireface UFX. It´s not a MADI system, but provides an amount of 12 great analog I/O + 28 digital I/O. You can add up to two high-end converters like the ADI-8 QS via ADAT later to this interface.

best regards
Knut